From its panoramic perch above Lake Naivasha, the Great Rift Valley Lodge enjoys one of humankind’s oldest views ? over the sweeping floor of the world’s largest valley. Only an hour and a half’s drive or a 30-minute flight from Nairobi (24 kilometres from Naivasha town and 12 off the Nairobi-Nakuru highway)
Click on an image to view a larger version
Great Rift Valley Lodge is situated midway between the Samburu and Masai Mara Reserve making it a perfect stop over between the country’s top safaris destinations an ideal alternative to a night in a city hotel.
The Great Rift Valley Lodge sits at about 7,000 feet, from which elevation it enjoys magnificent views to the west and east. The vistas stretch from the sparkling waters of Lake Naivasha to the jagged volcanic crater of Mount Longonot and, beyond, the sloping shoulders of the Aberdare Mountains ? Kenya’s most important watershed.
ACCOMODATION AT GREAT RIFT VALLEY LODGE AND RESORT
The Great Rift Valley Lodge offers 21 twin and nine double rooms, all with private balconies overlooking the spectacular expanse of the Rift Valley. The rooms are located in spacious two- and three-storey blocks, and are beautifully furnished with large four-poster beds, handmade wooden furniture, and modern en suite bathrooms. Several of the rooms have interlinking doors that convert them into spacious family suites.
Alternative accommodation is available in the Longonot Villas, 40 modern three-tier three-bedroomed houses ? a home away from home, a designer’s delight complete with every modern amenity to make the traveler feel right at home. The living room, dining room and kitchen take the entire floor with the master bedroom on the top tier. The ground floor with the two bedrooms, opens to the garden with every floor giving that unforgettable view of the mountain and the lake.
Lastly, there is a series of homely private chalets overlooking the golf course, with two, three or four bedrooms, all modern amenities, and the same magnificent views throughout.
CONFERENCE AND MEETINGS
Great Rift Valley Lodge has one of the best conferencing facilities in the country with three conference rooms set in beautiful grounds overlooking the Aberdares and Longonot. The rooms can sit 180, 80 or 30 people away from any distractions save for the resident birds and the views.
The conference rooms are fitted with all the conferencing amenities including audio-visual materials. There’s also a boardroom for smaller groups of 20 people, which is conducive for strategic planning or smaller gatherings. On top of that, there are breakout areas, several gazebos, perfect lawns where tents can be set up for a different atmosphere and a restaurant at the conference centre to ease time management during meetings.
ACTIVITIES GREAT RIFT VALLEY LODGE AND RESORT
- Escorted game and bird walks in Eburru Forest
- Boating and birdwatching on Lake Naivasha
- Astronomy with the experienced resident naturalists
- Guided horse riding and mountain bike safaris
- Trips to the world-famous bird reserves on the shores of lakes Baringo, Bogoria and Nakuru
- Day trips to Hell’s Gate and Lake Nakuru parks
- Child oriented game walks, treasure hunts and games with our famous Adventurers’ Club
- Bush breakfasts and romantic sundowners with one of the grandest views on Earth
- Lawn weddings, company events, launches
- 2 restaurants serving homemade table d’hote cuisine and al fresco continental lunches
- 3 fully-equipped and professionally serviced conference rooms that can sit 150, 80 or 30 people
- Luxurious lounge bar with sunset terrace
- 18-hole championship golf course, driving range, practice greens and pro shop
- Panoramic freeform swimming pool with private sunbathing garden and kids’ pool
- Two clay tennis courts
- Gift shop with ‘safari essentials’
- All-weather airstrip on site
- Mains electricity with generator backup
- Welcome drinks for all guests on arrival
- Safety deposit boxes for guests’ valuables
- Full daily laundry and valet services
- Reliable telephone (landline and mobile) communications
- Free Wi-Fi in all the lodge and Longonot Villa rooms
- E-mail/Internet, fax & photocopy services
- Foreign currency exchange at reception
- Mineral water and repellent in rooms
- Resident nurse on 24-hour call